Skip to main content

About Manifesting What You Want

I believe in the power of words. So wouldn’t it make sense to speak good words and great things about yourself and over your life? I know this is something I aim to do regularly. I mean, my first set of millions hasn’t hit my bank account yet, nor has Michael B. Jordan swept me off my feet, but I’ve jokingly manifested those things. Please don’t judge me. I know there’s more to life than great wealth and beautiful men. A girl can still dream 😄. The point is understanding how the words we choose can be powerful and discovering how manifestation can make a difference.  

I used to be a really negative person. Whenever I had a challenging moment or hardship, I’d complain, blame others, and feel sorry for myself. I can remember being so miserable during a rough season in my twenties, that even some of my family members kept their distance from me. It was bad. But as I got older, I realized the benefits of being a positive person, even in the face of negative situations. While I can’t control everything that happens, especially when things are rough, I can control how I respond to what happens and still decide to speak and manifest different outcomes. 

 

At the beginning of this year, I declared, “I’m going to leave my current job and get into a new career opportunity,” and “I’m going to become a homeowner.” I also declared other things I’d written out, manifested, and read to myself. And then I actively prayed and moved on those things. An important thing to know about manifestation is that you’ll also need to take active steps to obtain what you want. I write this because I’ve met and advised people who have asked for my help and advice as they aimed to pursue some of their own goals and dreams. And many of them have only talked about what they wanted to do and sometimes made announcements via social media (which I don’t recommend doing – more on that in a moment) but haven’t taken necessary steps to accomplish or obtain what they want.

 

James 2:17 reads, “So you see, it isn’t enough just to have faith. Faith that doesn’t show itself by good deeds is no faith at all – it is dead and useless.” Manifestations can help you, but you have to get to the point where you’re intentional about helping yourself. And you need to be mindful about doing so without announcing everything too. When I was looking for new career opportunities, updating my résumés, and going on interviews, I only confided in people I trusted. I also did the same when I started house hunting this year and completed a first-time homebuyers course – then the pandemic happened and put a pause on things. But regardless, whenever you’re making moves, I highly recommend moving in silence. It’s the best way to go. Because what you don’t need while you’re manifesting and moving, are different people in your life throwing shade, fear, and little to no support your way. You’re already going to have haters and different people, even people you would never think, growing envious and jealous of you. The more blessed you become, the more haters you’ll have, along with people who won’t like you and don’t think you deserve to have what you have either. It’s just something that comes with being blessed. Make your moves, let the results speak for themselves, and understand you can’t tell everybody. Sure, you can share your good news once deals are done and closed, but it’s been my experience that it’s best to talk with close confidants and people you know will be supportive vs. others who are better off being left out of the conversation. 


My circumstances have not always been ideal or convenient when I've manifested things that seemed out of reach, but I've still gone after what I've wanted, even when things have been hard. I encourage you to manifest what you want, do the required work, and move in silence as much as you can. I hope good things happen to and for you too. Be blessed. 

Popular posts from this blog

A Year Of Being Ghosted

Ghosting: the practice of ending a personal relationship with someone by suddenly and without explanation withdrawing from all communication. I’ve been ghosted by every guy I’ve met within the past two years. About  six  to be exact. ·        The first guy pursued me and then got shady whenever I asked him about what he did for a living and where he lived. When he started dodging and avoiding questions, wouldn’t initiate dates, and slowly stopped keeping in touch with me altogether, eventually, all communication ceased. ·        The second guy was someone I met through a family member. He was super cool, very smart, handsome, and funny, but didn’t want to be in a relationship and acted like he didn’t want to be seen with me publicly. When we had plans to meet for an outing, he didn’t show up, and then texted me about a week later with an apology. We chilled at my place a few times, had a few phone conversations, and exchanged occasional texts, but eventually he stopped responding to me

Teacher Table Talk: When Parents Attack

As an English teacher, a core belief I’ve held close since the beginning of my career has been the importance of relationship building. I believe that if great relationships between teachers, students, and parents are established at the beginning of the school year, everything else will fall into place. Authentically modeling, practicing, and establishing mutually respectful and professional relationships within my classroom has been the bridge for effective communication, solid classroom management, and creating a safe and effective learning environment that fits each of my student’s needs.  And though I’ve seen and experienced the benefits of great relationship building, unfortunately, there have been times when some students and parents have not been receptive or interested in my efforts to establish connections that would best serve all parties involved. I’ve also noticed and shared spaces with other educators, school counselors, and administrators who’ve experienced the same. And

How To Respond To A Nasty Email

Technology has made many people bold, rude, and incredibly messy. Often to the point where some may hide behind words they’ve typed instead of verbally communicating a message they want to convey. Such can be the case when it comes to sending emails. Ah, emails. You know what they are. Electronic messages that can be quickly drafted, sent, and misinterpreted (because you can’t always interpret tones or emotions through them). Which is why it’s key to know how to respond to nasty emails if they should ever come your way – especially in the workplace.       As a working professional, there have been plenty of times when a coworker or superior sent an email my way that was petty, mad disrespectful, and unprofessional. And before I learned how to properly utilize email etiquette, my first instinct would always be to clap back. I just felt the need to respond and to communicate that I wouldn’t allow anyone, no matter who they were, to disrespect me. And while I haven’t taken things too far