Skip to main content

Bachelorette Guide To Avoiding Mama’s Boys

I’m not a fan of mama’s boys. I find them mildly disturbing.

 

To me, a guy being a mama’s boy is one of the most unattractive and annoying traits a guy can have. I’ve talked to different guys who have bragged ad nauseam about being mama’s boys, and while some women may be into it, I know many (myself included) who are not. While every situation is different, this kind of situation can be problematic, stressful, and in some cases, a complete nightmare. And while it may be presumptuous to assume that all mama’s boys are not the best guys to date or build a life with, many of them should be approached with caution Here’s why. 

 

It’s not always a sign he’ll treat you right. A big misconception with mama’s boys is that if they’re good to their moms, they’ll be good to you too. This isn’t always true. I’ve seen these types of guys treat their moms like queens and then treat their girlfriends or wives like crap. I’ve also heard horror stories from different women, especially married ones, who were brutally honest about being with a guy whose mom continually caused problems, disrupted their relationship, and brought a lot of drama and stress because she was overly involved in her son’s love life or didn’t like who he was with. As a result, some of these guys sided with their moms as conflicts came and turned their backs on the women they were involved with. These types of men may also have an unrealistic expectation for a woman to be a replica of their mother too. Which is odd. I believe that one of the qualities of a real man is one who has his woman’s back and accepts her for who she is. I’m not saying a guy should dismiss or disrespect his mom, as that is never okay, but if a guy treats and showers his mom with love, help, respect, and support, he should do the same for you too. If he’s not and he won’t? Walk away. Or better yet, run. 

 

And second place goes to… Drum roll, please. The award for who will be second place in a guy’s life if he’s a mama’s boy goes to you. I can’t imagine too many women who are into playing second fiddle. So to all you mama’s boys out there, tighten up. I get that relationships between moms and sons are important. However, if you get involved with someone and things get serious? The other person shouldn’t be put second because of your mom. That’s not fair. Granted, every situation is different. But still. Any guy who has done this and has had a woman walk away from him and doesn’t know why? Bet money, your mom had something to do with it. “I would absolutely love to be second place in your life,” said no woman ever. 

 

A lack of healthy boundaries. Guys who don’t have healthy boundaries are walking red flags. Mama’s boys often tend to tell their moms too much information or check in with their moms before making certain decisions they can make on their own. And many of them have a habit of allowing their mom to overstep. This is not okay or normal behavior. I’m not insisting a guy can’t talk to his mom about certain things, but fellas, does your mom need to know everything? I don’t think so. Have healthy boundaries. If you’re a woman who’s dating or engaged or married to a mama’s boy and you’re not having any issues? God bless you. But if you’re a woman having problems with this dynamic? I’ll be lifting you up in prayer. God knows it’s probably needed.  

Popular posts from this blog

A Year Of Being Ghosted

Ghosting: the practice of ending a personal relationship with someone by suddenly and without explanation withdrawing from all communication. I’ve been ghosted by every guy I’ve met within the past two years. About  six  to be exact. ·        The first guy pursued me and then got shady whenever I asked him about what he did for a living and where he lived. When he started dodging and avoiding questions, wouldn’t initiate dates, and slowly stopped keeping in touch with me altogether, eventually, all communication ceased. ·        The second guy was someone I met through a family member. He was super cool, very smart, handsome, and funny, but didn’t want to be in a relationship and acted like he didn’t want to be seen with me publicly. When we had plans to meet for an outing, he didn’t show up, and then texted me about a week later with an apology. We chilled at my place a few times, had a few phone conversations, and exchanged occasional texts, but eventually he stopped responding to me

Teacher Table Talk: When Parents Attack

As an English teacher, a core belief I’ve held close since the beginning of my career has been the importance of relationship building. I believe that if great relationships between teachers, students, and parents are established at the beginning of the school year, everything else will fall into place. Authentically modeling, practicing, and establishing mutually respectful and professional relationships within my classroom has been the bridge for effective communication, solid classroom management, and creating a safe and effective learning environment that fits each of my student’s needs.  And though I’ve seen and experienced the benefits of great relationship building, unfortunately, there have been times when some students and parents have not been receptive or interested in my efforts to establish connections that would best serve all parties involved. I’ve also noticed and shared spaces with other educators, school counselors, and administrators who’ve experienced the same. And

How To Respond To A Nasty Email

Technology has made many people bold, rude, and incredibly messy. Often to the point where some may hide behind words they’ve typed instead of verbally communicating a message they want to convey. Such can be the case when it comes to sending emails. Ah, emails. You know what they are. Electronic messages that can be quickly drafted, sent, and misinterpreted (because you can’t always interpret tones or emotions through them). Which is why it’s key to know how to respond to nasty emails if they should ever come your way – especially in the workplace.       As a working professional, there have been plenty of times when a coworker or superior sent an email my way that was petty, mad disrespectful, and unprofessional. And before I learned how to properly utilize email etiquette, my first instinct would always be to clap back. I just felt the need to respond and to communicate that I wouldn’t allow anyone, no matter who they were, to disrespect me. And while I haven’t taken things too far