Skip to main content

Bachelorette Guide To Pressing Reset

Sometimes you just need a good reset. 

I’ve been pushing through a lot of challenges, stress, and frustrations lately and have found that while I can’t worry about what I have no control over, I can decide how I choose to respond and reset. I maintain a regular self-care routine, but now I’ve found that I’ve had to be more intentional than ever about taking good care of myself (spiritually, mentally, and physically) as we all move through this unprecedented season. There are so many ways you can relax and reset, and today I’m sharing three ways I frequently reset in my own life that may help you too. Enjoy!

Prayer. I’m a tenacious prayer. Seriously. I pray every single day, even if and when I have to cry my way through it. This season has tested my faith in many ways, and praying about what I’ve been going through, along with different ways I’d like to see God move in my life and in this world, has been the only thing that’s gotten me through the rough days. Even if you’re not a big prayer person, you may find it helpful. 

Yoga. I enjoy practicing yoga. It’s been something I’ve enjoyed for a while now. And since I’ve been working from home, it’s been a necessity since my workouts are limited due to the gyms being closed. Getting outdoors helps too but yoga helps you all over. It also helps with relieving and releasing any tension you may have from your day and helps put you in a relaxing state – mind, body, and spirit. 

Quiet time. I'm a big fan of quiet time. Sometimes the best thing you can do is just sit in a quiet space. No phones, no TV, no music, just quiet. Whenever you can get to a quiet space alone, you're able to create your own world of solitude. This is a great way to tune out the noise of your everyday world and just take a moment to reset. You can go for a walk or curl up in bed or even sit in your car by yourself for a little bit. Ultimately, you have to do what works best for you. I hope that you'll take the time to press reset. It'll be good for you. 

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts From a Black Educator: Qualified, Credentialed, and Constantly Undermined

I’m a Black educator in my fifth year of teaching middle school English, and in my third as the 8th Grade English PLC (Professional Learning Community) Lead. And while I genuinely enjoy the purposeful work I get to do, seeing the growth of my scholars, and continuing to hone my skills in a content area I’ve loved since I was a little girl, I’ve had to confront some unpleasant experiences in this space.  I’d been through much worse when I was an academic advisor at a Christian university. Racism, sexism, harassment, and workplace bullying were sadly norms in that environment. However, some of what I’ve experienced as a Black educator hasn’t been normal … It doesn’t seem normal to be the only Black educator in my department – in a predominantly Black school. One of my Black colleagues once said, “It should look like a Tyler Perry movie in here.” But it doesn’t. It didn’t feel normal being reprimanded in a meeting (during my second year of teaching) by an administrator who went in on...

Ditching Dating And Decentering Men

Today’s current dating climate is bizarre. It’s grown so bizarre, that men barely, if ever in some cases, will approach a woman in person and ask her out on a date. Instead, the new normal has become DM sliding, creeping on social media accounts, and liking photos to build romantic connections, which honestly doesn’t sound too romantic or appealing to me at all. As a child of the 90s and a teenager of the early 2000s, I miss and prefer the time when men interacted with women without hiding behind technology. There was something special about handwritten cards and notes, thoughtful dates, serendipity, and intentionality. After having some unpleasant encounters, embarrassing moments, and failed set ups (from well meaning people who believe I need to be partnered), I’ve decided, that now, at 36, to choose me. I’m ditching dating and decentering men. I’m no longer interested in meeting anyone, dating, or creating space to prioritize a relationship. I’ve never been a male-centered woman any...

The Day I Took A Concealed Carry Course

Ability, opportunity, and intent are three words I’ll never forget after taking my first concealed carry course. Learning about firearm safety, how to properly purchase and use a firearm, and obtaining my concealed carry license were goals I set for myself and accomplished at the end of last year. Although I felt completely outside my comfort zone, I knew taking these steps were important to me. Mainly because of the current state of our world and society in general. During the course with Concealed Coalition, our instructor began by stating that the world seems more hostile than ever. He shared how you could be an innocent person minding your own business and suddenly find yourself in a situation where a firearm is present or needed. When he asked, “What made you take this course?” I responded, “For protection.” The course was filled with men and women there for the same reason and others. We all learned about specific laws in place surrounding firearms, the steps to purchase them, ho...