Skip to main content

Bachelorette Guide To An Amazing Galentine’s Day Weekend

Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching, and for some, it’s just another day on the calendar. For others? It’s a chance to express their love to different loved ones in their life. But for bachelorettes there happens to be a very cool thing called Galentine’s Day. I look forward to this time of year because it’s fun to celebrate with different women in my life and to encourage other women, whether single or not, to do the same. But how might one have an amazing Galentine’s Day Weekend? I thought you’d never ask…

Get Dolled Up. Even if you’re heading out alone, get dolled up, put on something you look and feel amazing in, go the extra mile for yourself, and enjoy it. I highly recommend a nice LBD (little black dress). It’s a universally attractive look and you’ll feel so chic. 

Go Out For An Amazing Dessert. Ever heard the saying that stressed is desserts spelled backwards? There’s no need to stress when you have a delicious dessert on deck! Go to one of your favorite restaurants (solo or with some cool friends) and order a dessert you’ve previously enjoyed or something new you’d like to try and let the sugary sweet treat of your choosing be something you enjoy guilt-free. Calories don’t count on Galentine’s Day… at least not in my book.

Celebrate All That You Are. If you’re single, throughout this week, I want you to write down five things you love about being you. Then celebrate yourself and all that you are. Avoid saying negative things about yourself or whining and complaining. You’re too fabulous for that. I hope you don’t just do this during this week, but that you will find different ways to celebrate and love yourself all year long. 

Happy (Early) Galentine’s Day, bachelorettes! You are thought of, appreciated, and loved 😊💗

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts From a Black Educator: Qualified, Credentialed, and Constantly Undermined

I’m a Black educator in my fifth year of teaching middle school English, and in my third as the 8th Grade English PLC (Professional Learning Community) Lead. And while I genuinely enjoy the purposeful work I get to do, seeing the growth of my scholars, and continuing to hone my skills in a content area I’ve loved since I was a little girl, I’ve had to confront some unpleasant experiences in this space.  I’d been through much worse when I was an academic advisor at a Christian university. Racism, sexism, harassment, and workplace bullying were sadly norms in that environment. However, some of what I’ve experienced as a Black educator hasn’t been normal … It doesn’t seem normal to be the only Black educator in my department – in a predominantly Black school. One of my Black colleagues once said, “It should look like a Tyler Perry movie in here.” But it doesn’t. It didn’t feel normal being reprimanded in a meeting (during my second year of teaching) by an administrator who went in on...

Ditching Dating And Decentering Men

Today’s current dating climate is bizarre. It’s grown so bizarre, that men barely, if ever in some cases, will approach a woman in person and ask her out on a date. Instead, the new normal has become DM sliding, creeping on social media accounts, and liking photos to build romantic connections, which honestly doesn’t sound too romantic or appealing to me at all. As a child of the 90s and a teenager of the early 2000s, I miss and prefer the time when men interacted with women without hiding behind technology. There was something special about handwritten cards and notes, thoughtful dates, serendipity, and intentionality. After having some unpleasant encounters, embarrassing moments, and failed set ups (from well meaning people who believe I need to be partnered), I’ve decided, that now, at 36, to choose me. I’m ditching dating and decentering men. I’m no longer interested in meeting anyone, dating, or creating space to prioritize a relationship. I’ve never been a male-centered woman any...

The Day I Took A Concealed Carry Course

Ability, opportunity, and intent are three words I’ll never forget after taking my first concealed carry course. Learning about firearm safety, how to properly purchase and use a firearm, and obtaining my concealed carry license were goals I set for myself and accomplished at the end of last year. Although I felt completely outside my comfort zone, I knew taking these steps were important to me. Mainly because of the current state of our world and society in general. During the course with Concealed Coalition, our instructor began by stating that the world seems more hostile than ever. He shared how you could be an innocent person minding your own business and suddenly find yourself in a situation where a firearm is present or needed. When he asked, “What made you take this course?” I responded, “For protection.” The course was filled with men and women there for the same reason and others. We all learned about specific laws in place surrounding firearms, the steps to purchase them, ho...