Skip to main content

Bachelorette Guide To Building Confidence

To me, nothing screams confidence like a group of beautiful women of different races, shapes, sizes, and faces, posing happily and confidently in their underwear.

That’s a world I don’t mind being a part of at all.

The word for today is confidence.

It’s important to have it and it’s important to build it. Without it, life can be challenging, hell, life can be challenging with it too. Some women may worry that if they're too confident they could come off as arrogant (which is not true) and some may worry that they’re doing too much (which also isn’t true).

You will always come off as “too much” or “arrogant” to people who probably don’t have much confidence in themselves. Especially those who feel the need to criticize you about yours. Regardless, you should be taking steps to continue building your confidence and to feel good about being you.

I think you’re amazing, just in case you didn’t know that already 😊 and I’m happy to see other women being as confident as can be. To continue building your confidence…

Make Self-Care A Priority. I treat myself to face masks, massages, my favorite lattes, and more. Self-care is different for everyone, but the point is to be sure you’re taking care of yourself. When you feel good, it does wonders for your confidence. I know having clean and glowing skin, making sure my body is being treated well with good rest and massages, and partaking in warm beverages of my choice are just a handful of things that make me feel good. What are some things you could do for yourself that would make you feel and look good too?

Up Your Wardrobe Game. I’m no retail therapy addict or anything (I honestly shop sales and clearance racks as much as I can) but I know the value of a dress that makes me feel like I could slay a runway or any other outfit that makes me look and feel amazing. When you have the means, up your wardrobe game. Pick up some stylish pieces every now and then, and slay girl, slay. When you look good, you feel good, and your confidence will soar to some new heights. Also, treat yourself to some new bras and panties too – you will feel incredible knowing what’s underneath. 

Be Kind To Yourself. This is probably the most important of the three: being kind to yourself. I’ve had moments when my weight wasn’t where I wanted it to be, or I felt I was heavier when I wanted to be slimmer, or when I thought my skin didn’t look its best, and more, but now, I’m learning to practice being kind to myself. Instead of pointing out things I don’t like, I celebrate what I do. I speak to myself in a way I’d want someone encouraging to speak to me. And you should do the same for yourself too. Being confident is something that takes practice and intentionality, and the more you do it, the better it gets. So get to it, beautiful. 

Popular posts from this blog

A Year Of Being Ghosted

Ghosting: the practice of ending a personal relationship with someone by suddenly and without explanation withdrawing from all communication. I’ve been ghosted by every guy I’ve met within the past two years. About  six  to be exact. ·        The first guy pursued me and then got shady whenever I asked him about what he did for a living and where he lived. When he started dodging and avoiding questions, wouldn’t initiate dates, and slowly stopped keeping in touch with me altogether, eventually, all communication ceased. ·        The second guy was someone I met through a family member. He was super cool, very smart, handsome, and funny, but didn’t want to be in a relationship and acted like he didn’t want to be seen with me publicly. When we had plans to meet for an outing, he didn’t show up, and then texted me about a week later with an apology. We chilled at my place a few times, had a few phone conversations, and exchanged occasional texts, but eventually he stopped responding to me

Teacher Table Talk: When Parents Attack

As an English teacher, a core belief I’ve held close since the beginning of my career has been the importance of relationship building. I believe that if great relationships between teachers, students, and parents are established at the beginning of the school year, everything else will fall into place. Authentically modeling, practicing, and establishing mutually respectful and professional relationships within my classroom has been the bridge for effective communication, solid classroom management, and creating a safe and effective learning environment that fits each of my student’s needs.  And though I’ve seen and experienced the benefits of great relationship building, unfortunately, there have been times when some students and parents have not been receptive or interested in my efforts to establish connections that would best serve all parties involved. I’ve also noticed and shared spaces with other educators, school counselors, and administrators who’ve experienced the same. And

How To Respond To A Nasty Email

Technology has made many people bold, rude, and incredibly messy. Often to the point where some may hide behind words they’ve typed instead of verbally communicating a message they want to convey. Such can be the case when it comes to sending emails. Ah, emails. You know what they are. Electronic messages that can be quickly drafted, sent, and misinterpreted (because you can’t always interpret tones or emotions through them). Which is why it’s key to know how to respond to nasty emails if they should ever come your way – especially in the workplace.       As a working professional, there have been plenty of times when a coworker or superior sent an email my way that was petty, mad disrespectful, and unprofessional. And before I learned how to properly utilize email etiquette, my first instinct would always be to clap back. I just felt the need to respond and to communicate that I wouldn’t allow anyone, no matter who they were, to disrespect me. And while I haven’t taken things too far