Skip to main content

Religious Rapists

Some churches and Christians hurt more people than they help them. I’ve never agreed or been a fan of religious people trying to force their views on myself or others. It’s an unwise and ineffective approach. I’ve especially been annoyed anytime anyone has tried to force their will on me or what they claim God’s will is regarding my life. Smart Christians know there’s a lot of false prophets in this world, so it’s important to be careful about who you listen to and allow to access you. I’ve been a Christian since I was seven and grew up in a home with parents heavily involved in ministry so I can discern what’s spiritually sound and what’s not. I know how damaging some religious people can be, especially those who carry on as religious rapists. They’re often controlling, manipulative, legalistic, and do and say things that don’t make sense or using scripture to justify their own rules or some rules their pastor may have put in place, all while trying to force their views on other people. These types aren’t always obvious on sight. Many of them seem nice and inviting at first… until the moment you disagree, question, or challenge something they say or do. If you’ve ever talked with one, visited their church, or had them come at you and something felt off, things probably felt off for a reason. I get really upset when I find out or learn they’ve harmed someone. They often have a habit of going after naïve Christians and especially baby Christians too – which are Christians who haven’t been saved very long. Baby Christians are often easily influenced and can get deterred and harmed if they link up with the wrong church, wrong leaders, or wrong believers. Religious rapists can also cause a lot of damage if they say or do something offensive or unwise that could make a sinner never want to step foot in a church again. Christians who move and behave recklessly this way give Christianity a bad name. If you’re involved in any form or kind of ministry that moves this way, I highly recommend getting out as quickly as possible. Those kinds of ministries and their leaders are dangerous. If one claims to have a heart like Christ and desires to emulate his ways, it’s important to understand that Christ approached and reached out to some of the most unconventional people, in some of the most unconventional ways. Matter of fact, his squad (the 12 disciples) included people with questionable behavior, backgrounds, and methods. They weren’t religious rapists, and neither was Christ. I’ve been spending more time studying my word, unlearning old ways of thinking, and learning new ways about my journey as a believer, while casting off ways different churches, believers, and leaders claimed I should be. This journey is ongoing, and in the process, I hope to influence and help as many believers and non-believers as possible. Liberated thinking can’t be contained, controlled, silenced, or stopped. I do not consent. 

Popular posts from this blog

A Year Of Being Ghosted

Ghosting: the practice of ending a personal relationship with someone by suddenly and without explanation withdrawing from all communication. I’ve been ghosted by every guy I’ve met within the past two years. About  six  to be exact. ·        The first guy pursued me and then got shady whenever I asked him about what he did for a living and where he lived. When he started dodging and avoiding questions, wouldn’t initiate dates, and slowly stopped keeping in touch with me altogether, eventually, all communication ceased. ·        The second guy was someone I met through a family member. He was super cool, very smart, handsome, and funny, but didn’t want to be in a relationship and acted like he didn’t want to be seen with me publicly. When we had plans to meet for an outing, he didn’t show up, and then texted me about a week later with an apology. We chilled at my place a few times, had a few phone conversations, and exchanged occasional texts, but eventually he stopped responding to me

Teacher Table Talk: When Parents Attack

As an English teacher, a core belief I’ve held close since the beginning of my career has been the importance of relationship building. I believe that if great relationships between teachers, students, and parents are established at the beginning of the school year, everything else will fall into place. Authentically modeling, practicing, and establishing mutually respectful and professional relationships within my classroom has been the bridge for effective communication, solid classroom management, and creating a safe and effective learning environment that fits each of my student’s needs.  And though I’ve seen and experienced the benefits of great relationship building, unfortunately, there have been times when some students and parents have not been receptive or interested in my efforts to establish connections that would best serve all parties involved. I’ve also noticed and shared spaces with other educators, school counselors, and administrators who’ve experienced the same. And

How To Respond To A Nasty Email

Technology has made many people bold, rude, and incredibly messy. Often to the point where some may hide behind words they’ve typed instead of verbally communicating a message they want to convey. Such can be the case when it comes to sending emails. Ah, emails. You know what they are. Electronic messages that can be quickly drafted, sent, and misinterpreted (because you can’t always interpret tones or emotions through them). Which is why it’s key to know how to respond to nasty emails if they should ever come your way – especially in the workplace.       As a working professional, there have been plenty of times when a coworker or superior sent an email my way that was petty, mad disrespectful, and unprofessional. And before I learned how to properly utilize email etiquette, my first instinct would always be to clap back. I just felt the need to respond and to communicate that I wouldn’t allow anyone, no matter who they were, to disrespect me. And while I haven’t taken things too far