Skip to main content

Bachelorette Guide To Stacking Paper

Properly managing and handling your finances can make a huge difference in your life. I believe everyone can always improve in this area -- especially women. As a bachelorette, I’m mindful of how I stack, save, and spend my money because I know that I work hard for it and that mishandling it can cause unnecessary stress and problems I don’t want or need in my life. I believe every woman should always be in a position of financial independence because you never know what kind of blows life may throw, and at the very least, you can try to be financially prepared for the unexpected. Whether the unexpected is a job loss, a career change you’d like to make, a breakup or dissolved marriage, being able to leave a bad or unhealthy situation, starting your own business, and more. I’ve talked with women who feel stuck and trapped in bad or unhealthy relationships or frustrating employment situations because of their finances. And I know other women who are financially stable who don’t need their significant other’s income to survive and don’t feel trapped in a situation they wouldn’t be able to transition out of, because they’ve managed their money properly. Financial freedom for women is freedom. And a game changer. I’m not completely there yet but step by step I’m getting closer. Below, you’ll see two resources I’ve found massively helpful that have continually been sources for me when it comes to money management. If you’re able to obtain them, please do so. Check your local libraries for copies too. I guarantee you’ll find them useful. I hope they’ll serve you well as you stack your paper and strive for financial freedom. It’ll take time, but it can be done. Start stacking. P.S. – Use cash when you can and don’t be afraid to say, “I can’t afford that right now.” 
Resource One: The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
Resource Two: The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley & William D. Danko 



Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts From a Black Educator: Qualified, Credentialed, and Constantly Undermined

I’m a Black educator in my fifth year of teaching middle school English, and in my third as the 8th Grade English PLC (Professional Learning Community) Lead. And while I genuinely enjoy the purposeful work I get to do, seeing the growth of my scholars, and continuing to hone my skills in a content area I’ve loved since I was a little girl, I’ve had to confront some unpleasant experiences in this space.  I’d been through much worse when I was an academic advisor at a Christian university. Racism, sexism, harassment, and workplace bullying were sadly norms in that environment. However, some of what I’ve experienced as a Black educator hasn’t been normal … It doesn’t seem normal to be the only Black educator in my department – in a predominantly Black school. One of my Black colleagues once said, “It should look like a Tyler Perry movie in here.” But it doesn’t. It didn’t feel normal being reprimanded in a meeting (during my second year of teaching) by an administrator who went in on...

Ditching Dating And Decentering Men

Today’s current dating climate is bizarre. It’s grown so bizarre, that men barely, if ever in some cases, will approach a woman in person and ask her out on a date. Instead, the new normal has become DM sliding, creeping on social media accounts, and liking photos to build romantic connections, which honestly doesn’t sound too romantic or appealing to me at all. As a child of the 90s and a teenager of the early 2000s, I miss and prefer the time when men interacted with women without hiding behind technology. There was something special about handwritten cards and notes, thoughtful dates, serendipity, and intentionality. After having some unpleasant encounters, embarrassing moments, and failed set ups (from well meaning people who believe I need to be partnered), I’ve decided, that now, at 36, to choose me. I’m ditching dating and decentering men. I’m no longer interested in meeting anyone, dating, or creating space to prioritize a relationship. I’ve never been a male-centered woman any...

The Day I Took A Concealed Carry Course

Ability, opportunity, and intent are three words I’ll never forget after taking my first concealed carry course. Learning about firearm safety, how to properly purchase and use a firearm, and obtaining my concealed carry license were goals I set for myself and accomplished at the end of last year. Although I felt completely outside my comfort zone, I knew taking these steps were important to me. Mainly because of the current state of our world and society in general. During the course with Concealed Coalition, our instructor began by stating that the world seems more hostile than ever. He shared how you could be an innocent person minding your own business and suddenly find yourself in a situation where a firearm is present or needed. When he asked, “What made you take this course?” I responded, “For protection.” The course was filled with men and women there for the same reason and others. We all learned about specific laws in place surrounding firearms, the steps to purchase them, ho...