Skip to main content

The Stranger Who Prophesied To Me

She didn’t know me. But she had some things to say that she believed I needed to know:  

I know I don’t know you, but I want you to know that God hears you. He’s seen and heard your cries and everything you’ve been praying about. You’ve got a pure heart and God’s had a hedge of protection around you since you were a little girl. He’s known you since you were in your mother’s womb. He kept you safe from some people in your family that saw your beauty inside and out and tried to harm you, but He protected you. You’re in a transition right now. He’s elevating you and because He’s taking you higher, there’ll be people that can’t go with you. You’ve got to be okay with letting people go. You’re going to be someone well-known and much more successful than you are right now. The enemies you had are going to come back to you with apologies. They’ll be your footstools. I also sense you’re someone creative. Be bold in your creativity. You’re shy and have been shy. Be bold. Be like Deborah. You’re going to be a force to be reckoned with and you’ll be as seasoned and wise as Solomon. You’re going to touch a lot of souls through your work and the enemy knows that. That’s why he does what he does. Where you are right now is just the beginning. People don’t understand you but stay focused on working for God. Just keep blossoming. Are you married? If not, have you been praying for a husband? There’s a guy who’s had his eyes on you. Don’t worry if you know more than he does. You can teach him some things and you both can grow together. The word says it’s not good for man to be alone. I just wanted to share what the Holy Spirit was revealing while talking with you. Have a blessed day… 

As she spoke, I paused. Then I started giggling. Paused again. And giggled more. How in the world could she possibly know any of these things about me and not really know me? The woman I met was a seasoned pastor and believer. I could tell from her spirit that she was authentic. If she was questionable or sketchy, I would’ve easily walked away. But I didn’t. I’ve been saved since I was seven, so I know a real prophet from a fake. 2 Peter 1:21 says, “For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.” A lot of what she said was eerily accurate. When she spoke, I felt understood in an unexpected and incredible way. Except for the husband part. I used to pray about a husband but stopped. Honestly, a husband does not fit the vision I have in mind for my life. But it’s obvious people won’t let me enjoy my singleness in peace and leave me be. Maybe God has other plans in mind. We’ll see. I did thank this woman for her obedience with allowing the Holy Spirit to move. Earlier this week, I’d been praying about miracles and talked with God about showing up and showing out in major ways. I guess I got what I prayed for. Did I mention He has a great sense of humor? 

Popular posts from this blog

A Year Of Being Ghosted

Ghosting: the practice of ending a personal relationship with someone by suddenly and without explanation withdrawing from all communication. I’ve been ghosted by every guy I’ve met within the past two years. About  six  to be exact. ·        The first guy pursued me and then got shady whenever I asked him about what he did for a living and where he lived. When he started dodging and avoiding questions, wouldn’t initiate dates, and slowly stopped keeping in touch with me altogether, eventually, all communication ceased. ·        The second guy was someone I met through a family member. He was super cool, very smart, handsome, and funny, but didn’t want to be in a relationship and acted like he didn’t want to be seen with me publicly. When we had plans to meet for an outing, he didn’t show up, and then texted me about a week later with an apology. We chilled at my place a few times, had a few phone conversations, and exchanged occasional texts, but eventually he stopped responding to me

Teacher Table Talk: When Parents Attack

As an English teacher, a core belief I’ve held close since the beginning of my career has been the importance of relationship building. I believe that if great relationships between teachers, students, and parents are established at the beginning of the school year, everything else will fall into place. Authentically modeling, practicing, and establishing mutually respectful and professional relationships within my classroom has been the bridge for effective communication, solid classroom management, and creating a safe and effective learning environment that fits each of my student’s needs.  And though I’ve seen and experienced the benefits of great relationship building, unfortunately, there have been times when some students and parents have not been receptive or interested in my efforts to establish connections that would best serve all parties involved. I’ve also noticed and shared spaces with other educators, school counselors, and administrators who’ve experienced the same. And

How To Respond To A Nasty Email

Technology has made many people bold, rude, and incredibly messy. Often to the point where some may hide behind words they’ve typed instead of verbally communicating a message they want to convey. Such can be the case when it comes to sending emails. Ah, emails. You know what they are. Electronic messages that can be quickly drafted, sent, and misinterpreted (because you can’t always interpret tones or emotions through them). Which is why it’s key to know how to respond to nasty emails if they should ever come your way – especially in the workplace.       As a working professional, there have been plenty of times when a coworker or superior sent an email my way that was petty, mad disrespectful, and unprofessional. And before I learned how to properly utilize email etiquette, my first instinct would always be to clap back. I just felt the need to respond and to communicate that I wouldn’t allow anyone, no matter who they were, to disrespect me. And while I haven’t taken things too far