Skip to main content

Faith

I believe in having crazy, wild, and absolutely ridiculous - faith. Yes, I’ve been ridiculed for possessing this kind of faith, but I’ve also reaped huge blessings from it as well. Hebrews 11:1 reads, “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” Faith is the kind of thing where you prepare for things that haven’t manifested just yet. Believers should grasp this but I’ve seen that many don’t, and this is not okay. I’ve also watched sinners have unwavering faith, and have things come together in their lives in incredible ways. To be honest, I used to feel some type of way about that. I used to be like, God, are you kidding me? I’m saved, I live right. I pray, worship, give, fast, and I’m faithful. How come they’re prospering over me like that? I know that can be interpreted as judgmental, but when I would see unsaved folks prospering over saved folks living for the Lord, sometimes, it left me perplexed. Ultimately, I learned it’s none of my business how God decides to bless someone else. What He does in someone else’s life, saved or unsaved, is not my concern and whenever I start to feel some type of way, I try to shut it down real quick. I don’t ever want to be mistaken for being a hater. Ever. Anyways, when I started diving more into this faith thing, I recognized that as I prayed and waited for different results, God was waiting on me and saying, I hear you, but where’s your faith? I had faith but it needed to be refreshed. During this season of my life, I’ve made some faith moves that were uncomfortable, scary, and didn’t guarantee the results I’d hope for, but with each faith step forward, I noticed how God rewarded my faith. The more I stepped, the more He showed up and delivered beyond my expectations. Faith works, and radical faith really changes things. I’m not insisting that you go out and do crazy things just because you want to do them, (I have faith but I also believe in exercising wisdom) however, if you sense that it’s time to activate your faith, do it. It can and will change your life. 

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts From a Black Educator: Qualified, Credentialed, and Constantly Undermined

I’m a Black educator in my fifth year of teaching middle school English, and in my third as the 8th Grade English PLC (Professional Learning Community) Lead. And while I genuinely enjoy the purposeful work I get to do, seeing the growth of my scholars, and continuing to hone my skills in a content area I’ve loved since I was a little girl, I’ve had to confront some unpleasant experiences in this space.  I’d been through much worse when I was an academic advisor at a Christian university. Racism, sexism, harassment, and workplace bullying were sadly norms in that environment. However, some of what I’ve experienced as a Black educator hasn’t been normal … It doesn’t seem normal to be the only Black educator in my department – in a predominantly Black school. One of my Black colleagues once said, “It should look like a Tyler Perry movie in here.” But it doesn’t. It didn’t feel normal being reprimanded in a meeting (during my second year of teaching) by an administrator who went in on...

Ditching Dating And Decentering Men

Today’s current dating climate is bizarre. It’s grown so bizarre, that men barely, if ever in some cases, will approach a woman in person and ask her out on a date. Instead, the new normal has become DM sliding, creeping on social media accounts, and liking photos to build romantic connections, which honestly doesn’t sound too romantic or appealing to me at all. As a child of the 90s and a teenager of the early 2000s, I miss and prefer the time when men interacted with women without hiding behind technology. There was something special about handwritten cards and notes, thoughtful dates, serendipity, and intentionality. After having some unpleasant encounters, embarrassing moments, and failed set ups (from well meaning people who believe I need to be partnered), I’ve decided, that now, at 36, to choose me. I’m ditching dating and decentering men. I’m no longer interested in meeting anyone, dating, or creating space to prioritize a relationship. I’ve never been a male-centered woman any...

The Day I Took A Concealed Carry Course

Ability, opportunity, and intent are three words I’ll never forget after taking my first concealed carry course. Learning about firearm safety, how to properly purchase and use a firearm, and obtaining my concealed carry license were goals I set for myself and accomplished at the end of last year. Although I felt completely outside my comfort zone, I knew taking these steps were important to me. Mainly because of the current state of our world and society in general. During the course with Concealed Coalition, our instructor began by stating that the world seems more hostile than ever. He shared how you could be an innocent person minding your own business and suddenly find yourself in a situation where a firearm is present or needed. When he asked, “What made you take this course?” I responded, “For protection.” The course was filled with men and women there for the same reason and others. We all learned about specific laws in place surrounding firearms, the steps to purchase them, ho...