Skip to main content

10 Scriptures To Encourage You When You’re Struggling With Trusting God’s Timing

Sometimes it can be hard trusting God’s timing. Especially when you’ve been waiting for answers about things you’ve been praying about for a very long time, or even if and when you are unsure about what’s coming next. Regardless, living, praying, and moving through different requests and uncertainties can be challenging. No matter how much other people in your life may try to encourage you, and even during times when you’re trying to encourage yourself, the waiting can still be tough. I’ve found that taking the time to read and reflect on encouraging scriptures can be a great source of peace as you wait. When I dive into my bible, I’m reminded of God’s promises and His faithfulness no matter what season of life I’m in. I’m not sure what you may be waiting or praying for, but I hope that God comes through for you and that these scriptures help guide and provide you with peace too. 

1. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

2. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6

3. "Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord will fulfill his promises to her!" - Luke 1:45

4. "The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him." - Psalm 37:23

5. "For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay." - Habakkuk 2:3

6. "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." - Galatians 6:9

7. "For those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." - Isaiah 40:31

8. "The Lord will vindicate me; your love, Lord, endures forever. Do not abandon the works of your hands." - Psalm 138:8

9. "But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me." - Micah 7:7

10. "The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him." - Lamentations 3:25

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts From a Black Educator: Qualified, Credentialed, and Constantly Undermined

I’m a Black educator in my fifth year of teaching middle school English, and in my third as the 8th Grade English PLC (Professional Learning Community) Lead. And while I genuinely enjoy the purposeful work I get to do, seeing the growth of my scholars, and continuing to hone my skills in a content area I’ve loved since I was a little girl, I’ve had to confront some unpleasant experiences in this space.  I’d been through much worse when I was an academic advisor at a Christian university. Racism, sexism, harassment, and workplace bullying were sadly norms in that environment. However, some of what I’ve experienced as a Black educator hasn’t been normal … It doesn’t seem normal to be the only Black educator in my department – in a predominantly Black school. One of my Black colleagues once said, “It should look like a Tyler Perry movie in here.” But it doesn’t. It didn’t feel normal being reprimanded in a meeting (during my second year of teaching) by an administrator who went in on...

Ditching Dating And Decentering Men

Today’s current dating climate is bizarre. It’s grown so bizarre, that men barely, if ever in some cases, will approach a woman in person and ask her out on a date. Instead, the new normal has become DM sliding, creeping on social media accounts, and liking photos to build romantic connections, which honestly doesn’t sound too romantic or appealing to me at all. As a child of the 90s and a teenager of the early 2000s, I miss and prefer the time when men interacted with women without hiding behind technology. There was something special about handwritten cards and notes, thoughtful dates, serendipity, and intentionality. After having some unpleasant encounters, embarrassing moments, and failed set ups (from well meaning people who believe I need to be partnered), I’ve decided, that now, at 36, to choose me. I’m ditching dating and decentering men. I’m no longer interested in meeting anyone, dating, or creating space to prioritize a relationship. I’ve never been a male-centered woman any...

The Day I Took A Concealed Carry Course

Ability, opportunity, and intent are three words I’ll never forget after taking my first concealed carry course. Learning about firearm safety, how to properly purchase and use a firearm, and obtaining my concealed carry license were goals I set for myself and accomplished at the end of last year. Although I felt completely outside my comfort zone, I knew taking these steps were important to me. Mainly because of the current state of our world and society in general. During the course with Concealed Coalition, our instructor began by stating that the world seems more hostile than ever. He shared how you could be an innocent person minding your own business and suddenly find yourself in a situation where a firearm is present or needed. When he asked, “What made you take this course?” I responded, “For protection.” The course was filled with men and women there for the same reason and others. We all learned about specific laws in place surrounding firearms, the steps to purchase them, ho...