Skip to main content

10 Scriptures To Encourage You When You’re Struggling With Trusting God’s Timing

Sometimes it can be hard trusting God’s timing. Especially when you’ve been waiting for answers about things you’ve been praying about for a very long time, or even if and when you are unsure about what’s coming next. Regardless, living, praying, and moving through different requests and uncertainties can be challenging. No matter how much other people in your life may try to encourage you, and even during times when you’re trying to encourage yourself, the waiting can still be tough. I’ve found that taking the time to read and reflect on encouraging scriptures can be a great source of peace as you wait. When I dive into my bible, I’m reminded of God’s promises and His faithfulness no matter what season of life I’m in. I’m not sure what you may be waiting or praying for, but I hope that God comes through for you and that these scriptures help guide and provide you with peace too. 

1. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

2. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6

3. "Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord will fulfill his promises to her!" - Luke 1:45

4. "The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him." - Psalm 37:23

5. "For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay." - Habakkuk 2:3

6. "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." - Galatians 6:9

7. "For those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." - Isaiah 40:31

8. "The Lord will vindicate me; your love, Lord, endures forever. Do not abandon the works of your hands." - Psalm 138:8

9. "But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me." - Micah 7:7

10. "The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him." - Lamentations 3:25

Popular posts from this blog

A Year Of Being Ghosted

Ghosting: the practice of ending a personal relationship with someone by suddenly and without explanation withdrawing from all communication. I’ve been ghosted by every guy I’ve met within the past two years. About  six  to be exact. ·        The first guy pursued me and then got shady whenever I asked him about what he did for a living and where he lived. When he started dodging and avoiding questions, wouldn’t initiate dates, and slowly stopped keeping in touch with me altogether, eventually, all communication ceased. ·        The second guy was someone I met through a family member. He was super cool, very smart, handsome, and funny, but didn’t want to be in a relationship and acted like he didn’t want to be seen with me publicly. When we had plans to meet for an outing, he didn’t show up, and then texted me about a week later with an apology. We chilled at my place a few times, had a few phone conversations, and exchanged occasional texts, but eventually he stopped responding to me

Teacher Table Talk: When Parents Attack

As an English teacher, a core belief I’ve held close since the beginning of my career has been the importance of relationship building. I believe that if great relationships between teachers, students, and parents are established at the beginning of the school year, everything else will fall into place. Authentically modeling, practicing, and establishing mutually respectful and professional relationships within my classroom has been the bridge for effective communication, solid classroom management, and creating a safe and effective learning environment that fits each of my student’s needs.  And though I’ve seen and experienced the benefits of great relationship building, unfortunately, there have been times when some students and parents have not been receptive or interested in my efforts to establish connections that would best serve all parties involved. I’ve also noticed and shared spaces with other educators, school counselors, and administrators who’ve experienced the same. And

How To Respond To A Nasty Email

Technology has made many people bold, rude, and incredibly messy. Often to the point where some may hide behind words they’ve typed instead of verbally communicating a message they want to convey. Such can be the case when it comes to sending emails. Ah, emails. You know what they are. Electronic messages that can be quickly drafted, sent, and misinterpreted (because you can’t always interpret tones or emotions through them). Which is why it’s key to know how to respond to nasty emails if they should ever come your way – especially in the workplace.       As a working professional, there have been plenty of times when a coworker or superior sent an email my way that was petty, mad disrespectful, and unprofessional. And before I learned how to properly utilize email etiquette, my first instinct would always be to clap back. I just felt the need to respond and to communicate that I wouldn’t allow anyone, no matter who they were, to disrespect me. And while I haven’t taken things too far