Skip to main content

The Man They Call Kanye West

Controversial. Bold. Legendary. These are the words that come to mind when I think about the man they call Kanye West. I’ve been a fan of Mr. West since his debut album The College Dropout was released. And the works that followed such as Late Registration, Graduation, 808s & Heartbreak, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Yeezus, and The Life of Pablo – just to name some, have solidified him as one of the most memorable artists of our time. Songs like All Falls Down, Homecoming, and his verses on Slow Jamz are my favorites. When he first released 808s & Heartbreak, it had to grow on me awhile, as it was different from his previous works, but on tracks like Heartless, you can hear the raw and passionate sound in his lyrics and voice. When My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy dropped along with a creative visual video, I was blown away. Regardless of what the press says about him, his on and off again beef with Taylor Swift, or those who aren’t fans, one thing for sure is that he’s a creative genius. I admire his boldness, authenticity, and ability to create work that is out of the box. Yeezus was another album that had to grow on me as well, but the change in his work is understandable (as he was settling down with his wife Kim Kardashian-West and starting a family.) The Life of Pablo was another great work, and I was once again impressed by his creativity and vision with music videos for tracks like Famous and Fade (which was massively dope – Teyana Taylor is definitely inspiration for body goals.) But aside from music, Kanye West also has a unique approach towards fashion. When I was a teenager I remember seeing him don Louis Vuitton in the press, and now he has an incredible fashion line of his own. That’s impressive. And who could forget his memorable speech at the 2015 MTV VMAs when he shared that he was running for president in 2020? And with the way things have been going in the world, anything is possible. You never know what you’re going to get with this guy, and I’m excited to see what he creates next. Check out All Falls Down from The College Dropout in the link below. It’s some of Kanye’s best work… https://youtu.be/8kyWDhB_QeI

Popular posts from this blog

A Year Of Being Ghosted

Ghosting: the practice of ending a personal relationship with someone by suddenly and without explanation withdrawing from all communication. I’ve been ghosted by every guy I’ve met within the past two years. About  six  to be exact. ·        The first guy pursued me and then got shady whenever I asked him about what he did for a living and where he lived. When he started dodging and avoiding questions, wouldn’t initiate dates, and slowly stopped keeping in touch with me altogether, eventually, all communication ceased. ·        The second guy was someone I met through a family member. He was super cool, very smart, handsome, and funny, but didn’t want to be in a relationship and acted like he didn’t want to be seen with me publicly. When we had plans to meet for an outing, he didn’t show up, and then texted me about a week later with an apology. We chilled at my place a few times, had a few phone conversations, and exchanged occasional texts, but eventually he stopped responding to me

Teacher Table Talk: When Parents Attack

As an English teacher, a core belief I’ve held close since the beginning of my career has been the importance of relationship building. I believe that if great relationships between teachers, students, and parents are established at the beginning of the school year, everything else will fall into place. Authentically modeling, practicing, and establishing mutually respectful and professional relationships within my classroom has been the bridge for effective communication, solid classroom management, and creating a safe and effective learning environment that fits each of my student’s needs.  And though I’ve seen and experienced the benefits of great relationship building, unfortunately, there have been times when some students and parents have not been receptive or interested in my efforts to establish connections that would best serve all parties involved. I’ve also noticed and shared spaces with other educators, school counselors, and administrators who’ve experienced the same. And

How To Respond To A Nasty Email

Technology has made many people bold, rude, and incredibly messy. Often to the point where some may hide behind words they’ve typed instead of verbally communicating a message they want to convey. Such can be the case when it comes to sending emails. Ah, emails. You know what they are. Electronic messages that can be quickly drafted, sent, and misinterpreted (because you can’t always interpret tones or emotions through them). Which is why it’s key to know how to respond to nasty emails if they should ever come your way – especially in the workplace.       As a working professional, there have been plenty of times when a coworker or superior sent an email my way that was petty, mad disrespectful, and unprofessional. And before I learned how to properly utilize email etiquette, my first instinct would always be to clap back. I just felt the need to respond and to communicate that I wouldn’t allow anyone, no matter who they were, to disrespect me. And while I haven’t taken things too far