Skip to main content

Bachelorette Guide To...

Singleness can be amazing! I believe single women are some of the most incredible people on the planet. And it’s my heart’s desire to let all the other single bachelorettes out there know how important, valued, and appreciated they are. I know the upcoming holiday season can be challenging for some singles struggling with whatever season they happen to find themselves in, and I want any of ya’ll reading to know...
  • You don’t have to feel lonely this holiday season. You have permission to have fun. 
  • You’re not obligated to see or be around anyone (family or any toxic friends included) who make you feel bad or uncomfortable or stressed.
  • You don’t need to use dating apps to meet guys. Don’t force things. Be pursued. And remember, great dates don’t always make for the best long-term partners or future spouses.  
  • You don’t have to compromise or lower your standards. 
  • You don’t have to engage guys you have zero interest in. 
  • You don’t need to listen to unsolicited advice from meddling family members, friends, or anyone else.
  • You don’t need to feel ashamed, lonely, embarrassed, disappointed, or insecure about your singleness.
You can simply be who you are while you prep for where you’re going. 

This is a time when you can deepen your relationship with God. You can stack and save and spend your money as you please. You can educate yourself. Earn a degree. And then another one if you want to. You can build a great career. You can switch up your career too if you’d like. You can donate some of your time to a good cause. You can start house hunting for your very own bachelorette pad. You can travel and see more of this world. You can focus on yourself completely without interference from a partner or parenting a child (for those of you who don’t have a child or children.) And you can decide what you want to do with your life. Make the most of this time. You are massively blessed. 

I’ve got your back. I’m cheering you on. You matter. And when I refer to single women, I will often use the word “bachelorette” because it sounds fierce. It is fierce. You know ya’ll are fierce too, right? I wish every single woman an overflow of incredible and abundant blessings this holiday season and all the seasons to come. You absolutely deserve it.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit – Romans 15:13 

P.S. – I’m working on some new content especially for all you bachelorettes. I got ya’ll :)   


Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts From a Black Educator: Qualified, Credentialed, and Constantly Undermined

I’m a Black educator in my fifth year of teaching middle school English, and in my third as the 8th Grade English PLC (Professional Learning Community) Lead. And while I genuinely enjoy the purposeful work I get to do, seeing the growth of my scholars, and continuing to hone my skills in a content area I’ve loved since I was a little girl, I’ve had to confront some unpleasant experiences in this space.  I’d been through much worse when I was an academic advisor at a Christian university. Racism, sexism, harassment, and workplace bullying were sadly norms in that environment. However, some of what I’ve experienced as a Black educator hasn’t been normal … It doesn’t seem normal to be the only Black educator in my department – in a predominantly Black school. One of my Black colleagues once said, “It should look like a Tyler Perry movie in here.” But it doesn’t. It didn’t feel normal being reprimanded in a meeting (during my second year of teaching) by an administrator who went in on...

Ditching Dating And Decentering Men

Today’s current dating climate is bizarre. It’s grown so bizarre, that men barely, if ever in some cases, will approach a woman in person and ask her out on a date. Instead, the new normal has become DM sliding, creeping on social media accounts, and liking photos to build romantic connections, which honestly doesn’t sound too romantic or appealing to me at all. As a child of the 90s and a teenager of the early 2000s, I miss and prefer the time when men interacted with women without hiding behind technology. There was something special about handwritten cards and notes, thoughtful dates, serendipity, and intentionality. After having some unpleasant encounters, embarrassing moments, and failed set ups (from well meaning people who believe I need to be partnered), I’ve decided, that now, at 36, to choose me. I’m ditching dating and decentering men. I’m no longer interested in meeting anyone, dating, or creating space to prioritize a relationship. I’ve never been a male-centered woman any...

The Day I Took A Concealed Carry Course

Ability, opportunity, and intent are three words I’ll never forget after taking my first concealed carry course. Learning about firearm safety, how to properly purchase and use a firearm, and obtaining my concealed carry license were goals I set for myself and accomplished at the end of last year. Although I felt completely outside my comfort zone, I knew taking these steps were important to me. Mainly because of the current state of our world and society in general. During the course with Concealed Coalition, our instructor began by stating that the world seems more hostile than ever. He shared how you could be an innocent person minding your own business and suddenly find yourself in a situation where a firearm is present or needed. When he asked, “What made you take this course?” I responded, “For protection.” The course was filled with men and women there for the same reason and others. We all learned about specific laws in place surrounding firearms, the steps to purchase them, ho...